[ODE] dSpaceCollide2 and Collision Space Sorting

Donny Viszneki smirk at thebuicksix.com
Sat Nov 6 00:25:16 MST 2004

I am wondering how the optimizations of collision space sorting (from
dHashSpace or dQuadTreeSpace) would be affected when colliding with two
spaces together.

The reason I am wondering about this is because I have much more
immutable geometry than mutable geometry, and thought I could save a
LOT of time checking for collisions if I used dSpaceCollide2, having
pre-organized all geometry into a group for immutable, and a group for
mutable.

I would ASSUME that hashspace on hashspace action would experience no
performance hit.

Thanks for your help.