[ODE] FMax and Vel doesnt wrok for me! Y?

Neelam C tina_vipul at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 09:28:42 MST 2004

Thank you Tyler.

> Maybe try scaling up the maxForce and/or pValue variables a lot.
> Sometimes you need a lot of force to get things moving.  This is
> especially true if your bodies have a lot of mass or if one of the
> legs touches the ground with high friction.

O. IC. hmm... Must be setting them very high coz I did try values till 100.00!
And you are right, I do have high friction values.

> Also, where are you using the joint rate?
Well, I did use it before but since I have been trying to see "some" movement I
have modified code.

But as far I have read/understood the following lines should do the trick:

maxForce = somePositiveConstantValue;
dJointSetHingeParam(kJoint.jointID,     dParamFMax, maxForce);
gain = someConstantValue;
jointError = desiredAngle - currentAngle;
dJointSetHingeParam(kJoint.jointID,     dParamVel, gain*jointError);

Isnt it?