[ODE] Some SSE in Quick step

GARY VANSICKLE g.r.vansickle at worldnet.att.net
Tue May 25 22:10:15 MST 2004

> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:33:08PM -0500, GARY VANSICKLE wrote:
> > > I can't test this since I don't have an SSE machine, but I was
> > > wondering, is/isn't there a moderately good (ideally cross-compiler)
> > > solution for writing cross-architecture vectorised code yet?
> > > Anyone know?
> > >

> > DirectX.
> >

> cross-architecture?

Win9x through WinXP, Pentium through P4 and beyond into the foreseeable
future.  That's quite a few archetectures, and 99.9999% of the PC market.

But we've had this non-argument before.  If somebody knows of a different
runtime MMX/SSE/SSE2/3DNOW!/this/that/the-other/nothing library for doing
matrix arithmetic, manipulation, etc that does what DirectX does and maybe
more (oh, right, and on Linux of course), let's see it.  Otherwise, my
DirectX assertion stands unchallenged.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle