[ODE] AutoDisable issue?

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Mon May 24 15:04:12 MST 2004

I'm using Hashspace. Let me see if changing space helps. I'm positive it's
not related to rendering. I checked that by disabling the drawing
altogether. The bottleneck is definitely physics. I am also positive that
all boxes get disabled. I've checked that.

Mohsin

> Simulation speed varies by dropping to 50 FPS to 230 FPS to again 50
FPS and
> finally when all the bodies get disabled I get a stable 145 FPS... 100
less
> than the original disabled bodies FPS I was getting.

Are you sure that the time is spent in the physics itself? Possible causes
of FPS drop might be: 1. it's different spatial configuration of the boxes,
hence possibly a different amount of collision detection work (what space
are you using?). 2. it may be different amount of rendering work, depends
how you do it. 3. are you sure all boxes get disabled? some may be not
because of tiny jittering (this is more observed in stepfast)

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/