[ODE] AutoDisable issue?

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Mon May 24 11:30:29 MST 2004

> Simulation speed varies by dropping to 50 FPS to 230 FPS to again 50
FPS and
> finally when all the bodies get disabled I get a stable 145 FPS... 100
less
> than the original disabled bodies FPS I was getting.

Are you sure that the time is spent in the physics itself? Possible
causes of FPS drop might be:
1. it's different spatial configuration of the boxes, hence possibly a
different amount of collision detection work (what space are you
using?).
2. it may be different amount of rendering work, depends how you do it.
3. are you sure all boxes get disabled? some may be not because of tiny
jittering (this is more observed in stepfast)

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/