[ODE] RE: Ragdoll sample with multiple solvers

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Thu May 20 13:03:39 MST 2004

It turns out that I was mistakenly using the debug build of ODE. I have just
uploaded the sample again with the release builds of both the exe and
ode.dll. It shouldn't ask for MSVCRTD.dll anymore. You can get it here

http://www.geocities.com/mohsin091/ragdoll.zip

Apart from that, the speed boost is pretty cool. Here are the results

Starting FPS = When simulation starts, no collisions
Ending   FPS = When all dolls have fallen and are colliding with each other

StepFast (45 Ragdolls, 2 iterations, 2 contacts)

Starting FPS ~ 200 (amazing for StepFast)
Ending   FPS ~ 90

QuickStep (45 Ragdolls, 20 iterations, 2 contacts)

Starting FPS ~ 190
Ending   FPS ~ 160
StepFast (60 Ragdolls, 2 iterations, 2 contacts)

Starting FPS ~ 148 (amazing for StepFast)
Ending   FPS ~ 53
StepFast average is around 100 which is pretty cool

QuickStep (60 Ragdolls, 20 iterations, 2 contacts)

Starting FPS ~ 110
Ending   FPS ~ 105-120 (probably because of auto disabling)
WorldStep (2 Contacts)

Unfortunately the dolls just explode :( unless I create only 2 ragdolls.
Machine Specs
P4 2.4C GHZ
512 MB ram
Radeon 9700 Pro