dWorldExportDIF (was: Re: [ODE] quickStep doesn't work for me.)

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Wed May 19 10:23:40 MST 2004

> This is interesting. Is this a binary "raw dump" of the world? Is it
> new, or has it been there for a long time? Just what I was looking
> for! :) Is there a related function to load stuff back?

it's fairly new. the file captures almost all of the complete state of
the world. the file format is basically LUA tables - simple, friendly
and easy to work with ... and to load it, the complete lua runtime
environment is probably smaller than your average XML parser :)

the standard is not set in stone, i'm still playing with it.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org