[ODE] quickStep doesn't work for me.

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Wed May 19 09:36:02 MST 2004

Russ Smith wrote:
> there should only be motor related problems though, not contact related
> problems ...?
>
> an interesting test is to take the boxstack demo and reduce the number
> of iterations to ONE. surprisingly it still kind of works, but the boxes
> behave like little cubes of jello.

test_crash is also an interesting test of QuickStep (it was
originally designed to test the stacking stability of StepFast as
well as show off its speed and relative lack of stack-blowing :))

One thing it most 'interestingly' shows (apart from showing that
QuickStep is somewhat quicker and slightly more stacking-stable
than StepFast) is that the stationary car throws a complete wobbly
at about 1-4 iterations, where its wheels jiggle off into orbit
around the car body, which slowly lifts off in a Repo Man sort of
way.  StepFast just jittered in a subdued way.

That might be helped by the new warm-start stuff -- I'm about
to test that, and the effect of re-ordering.

Thanks,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3