[ODE] ode won't build on vc7.0?

Mike Reinstein web_fella at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 20:02:00 MST 2004

For some reason, it still wont build.

I create a new win32 project in vc7, remove all the files such as stadafx.h,
stadafx.cpp, all of the *.rc and *.ico files. Then I  copy all of the h and
cpp files out of ode/src into my project folder. I also copy include/
directory to my projects directory. I click rebuild all. OPCODE seems to
build fine, but when I try to build the main ode stuff, I get errors saying
"cannot open include file <ode/config.h>"
along with several other headers. I add the path to the include directory to
my list of Additional include directory list for the project, still nothing.
I even copy the ode directory to my visual studio/vc7/include directory, and
I still get nothing.

What am I doing wrong here? We really should add a vc7 workspace to ODE, so
that developers using modern microsoft compilers dont have to shift stuff
around every time we want to checkout the code from cvs...vc6 workspaces are
very outdated, and ODE includes that in the src...can we add a vc7 workspace
that builds? If someone can help me get this working I can cvs my own copy
at the same level as the vc6 directory if y'all like.

kind regards,

Neko

&gt;From: &quot;Jon Watte&quot; &lt;hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org&gt;
&gt;To: &quot;Mike Reinstein&quot;
&lt;web_fella at hotmail.com&gt;,&lt;ode at q12.org&gt;
&gt;Subject: RE: [ODE] ode won't build on vc7.0?
&gt;Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:33:17 -0700
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;I just add all the .cpp files to a project, copy the appropriate
config.h into the ODE include, set the access paths, and go. It works fine,
although you may need to disable the 64-bit warnings. Also, there used to be
a few .cpp files you shouldn't add, because they were &quot;old&quot; --
some of them are deleted now, but I don't know if all of them are.
&gt;
&gt;Cheers,
&gt;
&gt;			/ h+
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;-----Original Message-----
&gt;From: ode-bounces at q12.org [mailto:ode-bounces at q12.org]On Behalf Of Mike
&gt;Reinstein
&gt;Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 2:54 PM
&gt;To: ode at q12.org
&gt;Subject: [ODE] ode won't build on vc7.0?
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;Is anyone else having problems building ODE on a windows system with
&gt;microsoft visual studio.net vc7.0?
&gt;
&gt;I used to be able to build it fine, but I was using vc6.0. Now it doesnt
&gt;seem to build.
&gt;Heres my build steps:
&gt;
&gt;1) checkout a copy of ode from cvs to c:\cvs\ode
&gt;
&gt;2) download the make utility from:
&gt;http://q12.org/ode/bin/make.exe
&gt;
&gt;3) put the make.exe file in my windows/system32/ directory
&gt;
&gt;4) open up c:\cvs\ode\config\user_settings, and I use the following
&gt;settings:
&gt;PLATFORM=msvc
&gt;PRECISION=SINGLE
&gt;BUILD=debug
&gt;WINDOWS16=0
&gt;
&gt;5) I open up a console window and try to build..heres my output
&gt;
&gt;C:\CVS\ODE&gt;make
&gt;cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DdSINGLE  /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c
&gt;process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DdSINGLE
&gt;/Feconfigurato
&gt;r.exe configurator.c, ...) failed.
&gt;make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
&gt;MAKE: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2
&gt;
&gt;C:\CVS\ODE&gt;make configure
&gt;cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DdSINGLE  /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c
&gt;process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DdSINGLE
&gt;/Feconfigurato
&gt;r.exe configurator.c, ...) failed.
&gt;make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
&gt;MAKE: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;What am I doing wrong? Its obviously failing when attempting to build
the
&gt;configurator tool
&gt;
&gt;thanks for pardoning my ignorance :P
&gt;
&gt;-Neko
&gt;
&gt;Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to
win
&gt;$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp
&gt;
&gt;ODE mailing list