[ODE] Tokamak and Netwon Game Dynamics

Anton kronos at mtcelestia.net
Sat May 8 20:55:22 MST 2004

> What I liked playing with one of the [Newton Dynamics] demos was that
there seemed to be zero
> visual interpenetration or spongieness - everything is totally rigid yet
> stable.

It appears that this stability is mostly a result of a very high sleep
threshold - if one disturbes stacked objects very carefully, they often
either freeze in obviously unstable positions, or behave quite
unrealistically (which is fairly typical for approaches that try to find
solutions to resulting LCPs using some speculative mathematical techniques).