[ODE] ODE - Constant speed in different qualities boxes

akio cullum_a at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 17 12:32:48 MST 2004

Michael,

What is your frame rate?  I'm curious as to how often the the Step() routine
is called.  I'm not using FastStep() but the Step() function, but I think
the behavior would be similar.  I found that using a constant parameter
value for an elapsed time actually worked the best in my test cases.

Specifically, a value of 0.05 as an elapsed time worked sufficiently as long
as my frame rate doesn't drop 20 fps (that's 1/0.05) everything runs
smoothly.  Also, I don't use iterative calls to the Step() function in my
test application.  Instead, it's called once as any other functions in my
game engine.  Making changes to your loop (or removal of) may work little
better.

> --- BEGIN CODE ---
#define ODE_STEP_SIZE (0.05)