[ODE] XML ODE Data Interchange Format (revision 6)

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Tue Mar 16 10:16:46 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 01:28, Shaul Kedem wrote:
> Hi (yet again),
>
>  Two more things (if anyone thinks I am hammering Will
> here he is wrong, I simply started making an XML
> schema for XoDE):

keep hammering away - better to get it right the first time :)

>  - The transformstyle attribute in the world element,
> although this might be benefitial for performance, it
> will not be enforced by the schema.

I am very aware of that - but we have a situation were even if the XML
is "valid" - it can still be non-conforming to the XODE standard.

For example you suggested using a format which cannot be validated by a
schema either (when talking about the CDATA for comma delimited arrays).

>  - The "rotation" element in the transform tag example
> contains roll,pitch and yaw while in the example it
> contains x,y,z. I suggest going with x,y,z since the
> rotation element should be (preferably, its not a
> must) the same throughout the XODE protocol.

There are a few typos due to copying and pasting - thanks for picking
that one up.  As you said it makes little difference.

Will.

--
William Denniss - will@ http://tanksoftware.com/