[ODE] ODE in Chrome Engine

Andrzej Zacharewicz zachar at techland.pl
Wed Mar 3 11:23:58 MST 2004

> Hi Andrew,
>    Is this the same Chrome engine used in Chrome the game?
> http://www.chromethegame.com/
>
> Is ODE used in that game as well?

Yes, this is the same engine, but one year younger :-)
In Chrome the game we used ODE only in some particular cases, for instance
for player character moving - we have created special geom named YEllipsoid
(Y is world up vector in Chrome Engine) to describe player collision shape.
And of course if we have player collisions then we have to do tri-YEllipsoid
colliders to make player collision with ground, trees and meshes possible.

Andrew
Techland