[ODE] Camera should be a body with zero mass?

George Birbilis birbilis at kagi.com
Thu Jun 24 19:44:02 MST 2004

see 3impact.com, they have similar camera demos (using ODE internally in
their engine)
you don't want the camera to "jump" though obstacles, you want it to go over
them etc. (usually attach the camera with a spring [a translational joint
with high CFM / bouncy at the ends] so that it goes smoothly over obstacles
etc., chasing the object you've attatched it to])

the 3impact SDK (if you register the engine) has nice camera classes
implemented which could also be adapted to pure ODE code (3impact API is a
bit of a simplified wrapper over ODE, see the reference.txt in their
downloadable engine [demo version] for the whole 3impact API description)

-----
George Birbilis (birbilis at kagi.com)
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis