[ODE] Trimesh-CCylinder problem

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Thu Jun 3 09:56:43 MST 2004

Hi Colin,

CB> I'm running into a problem with the new Croteam trimesh-ccylinder
CB> collider.  Basically, I've got an extra ccylinder around my avatars
CB> physical ccylinder, for detecting when he's near walls.  The extra
CB> ccylinder doesn't actually create contacts with anything, but I do call
CB> the collide function on it so I can get normals.

    IMHO, you are not in the case where ccylinder is deep inside the
    triangle so it suppose to work. Could you describe more on your
    problem? i.e did you just need the normal of closet triangle? Or
    did you need real normal that correspond with penetration depth?

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer