[ODE] Trimesh - trimesh collision

Torsten Stein torsten.stein at epost.de
Fri Jul 30 16:54:37 MST 2004

Hi!

I've got problems in trimesh-trimesh-collision. All other kinds
of collision seem to work pretty good. (To be more concrete:
The meshes seemed to be glued to each other when colliding
and start jittering. I allow up to 128 contacts and use QuickStep
but tried other setups as well).

I find hints in the wiki and ode docs, that you must provide
the last transformation matrix for good results with a call like
dGeomTriMeshDataSet (TriMesHData,TRIMESH_LAST_TRANSFORMATION, ...)
But I did not get that all up and running with good results. I
guess I still do something wrong ...

I looked through demo sources to find some running example for a
point to start with, but lines dealing with setting this transformation
data seems to be commented out and marked as not implemented yet.

So, can anyone point to me to sources of a running example
with good trimesh-trimesh-collision results?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten Stein