[ODE] PSCL for ODE

james at 6msoft.com james at 6msoft.com
Sat Jul 24 16:15:24 MST 2004

Thought I would give a little update on the progress of the ODE
implementation for PSCL.

As of right now, I have it instancing planes, boxes, spheres, etc, but not
joints. So you can run stuff like the Jenga demo... sort of.

Having some problems right now with accuracy. The blocks in the jenga
stack act, well, completely unreasonable; they fall through each other
sometimes, and roll. I do not believe this is an ODE issue though,
probably some magic number I have to tweak or my contacts. When I start
working on it again the problem will probably jump out at me.

In all, its going relatively smooth so far. I would not expect all of the
demos to run in ODE though (specially those using convex-hull or mesh-mesh
collision), but should at least get ODE into the world of scripting.

-James Dolan