[ODE] My ODE++

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Jan 8 15:08:34 MST 2004

Ah, yes, that large, clearly defined market of graphics-intensive
applications using the CLR runtime environment on Linux. I totally forgot
about those two guys :-)

Seriously, though, #ifdef is fine; in fact, all of ODE uses dSINGLE vs
dDOUBLE to tell whether a dReal is a float or a double. If I ever get to the
point where I feel it's release-worthy, I'd support any such chagen
(although I wouldn't really be able to easily test it, as I keep my Linux
box bare-bones for what it does -- doesn't even have a monitor attached).

If anyone has experience with managed code, and can give me some insider
information on keeping references to managed objects inside the unmanaged
heap (i e, would you prefer hash tables versus the IReferenceMaker
interface, etc), it would help me in this work. At some point, I do need to
support the various forms of callbacks, for example, rather than relying on
collecting data and returning it to the user.

Cheers,

			/ h+