[ODE] ODE GUI Editor #2...

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Fri Feb 27 12:35:50 MST 2004

> Does ODE have internal unique ID-numbers for different bodies, joints
> etc? That's something I found a challenge in when loading/saving,
>  i.e. to find the right body the joint is supposed to be connected
> to when loading it back in. Also, if we want to connect meshes and
> other things, we need to know which object it's connected to.

Not anything more than a pointer "IDs", which are useless for any persistency.

For LTGameJam2003 editor (http://jammy.sourceforge.net/2003) I've just
generated unique names for entities and dumped all configuration into Lua
file, which then was loaded by the game code.

However, I think that all this loading/setup stuff should not go into
ODE "core" - it's too application specific. A "helper library" would be cool
though.

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/