[ODE] GUI Editor, to XML or not?

Allan Simonsen Simonsen at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:48:22 MST 2004

I might be wrong here, but the two concepts aren't
mutually exclusive.

1. Define an XML/Schema format for ODE that accuractly
represents a physics world
2. Create Save/Load functions for ODE that enables the
application to save from- /load to- the current world

Since the world-format is nicely defined and
documented as XML, there's nothing stopping you from
writing your own importer for you high-level OOP
framework.

At the same time, this might give us the very usefull
debugging/tweaking feature of being able to dump the
current scene, load it into the physics editor,
visualize and tweak a few parameters, and reload the
scene back in your game/simulation.

Allan

=====
Allan Simonsen                    simonsen at rocketmail.com