[ODE] ODE GUI Editor #2...

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Thu Feb 26 14:16:18 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 12:36, Martin C. Martin wrote:
> For once I agree with Jon Watte.  For my ODE simulation, I wrote out the
>   state of the simulation at every tick.  The position & rotation of
> every body, as well as a bunch of stuff about what the AI was thinking.
>   I did it in XML, as a way to explore the format.  The files ended up
> being a couple gigabytes.  After a couple runs, my name started
> appearing in the "top disk users" report.  At least they compressed down
> pretty well.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page - there's no need to remove
the binary support, I was only suggesting the addition of some
text-based export utility.  As someone mentioned before it is easy to
compress text files to a fraction of their size, but I am not trying to
start an XML/Text vs binary debate - I'm saying it would be good to have
both!

Cheers,

Will.