[ODE] New Physics SDK released

Michael Lacher michael.lacher at hlw.co.at
Fri Feb 20 11:11:03 MST 2004

Gerhard Wesp wrote:
>>Without wanting to provoke a flamewar I have to say that I find the way
>>announcements such as this are commented by some posters disappointing.
>

> Amen.
>
> I'm currently in the state of evalutating different possibilities and
> therefore references to other projects are extremely valuable.  It's a
> pity that some people just walk through the world with their blinkers
> on.
>
> A first comparison impression:  I found Novodex *far* more stable than
> ODE (software stability, that is, not numerical).  About 1/2 of the ODE
> demos just crashed.  So, there's still room for improvement, I guess
> :-)
>
> -Gerhard

The demos supplied with ODE itself never crashed on me so far.
Concerning other demos I have mixed experiences, but I have to say that
from my experience these crashes most likely result from programming
errors in the using application, not form ODE itself.

The only problem ODE has with crashes is the ALLOCA thing, and even this
is avoidable if known how (but it is something many newbies stumble over).

mucki
--
Honeder Lacher Wallner Softwareentwicklung OEG
Founder / Developer

http://www.hlw.co.at
michael.lacher at hlw.co.at
+43/ 1/ 9134716