[ODE] New Physics SDK released

kronos at mtcelestia.net kronos at mtcelestia.net
Thu Feb 19 05:27:04 MST 2004

> I was very impressed by the speed of this SDK : I've created thousands of
> boxes without any noticable impact on framerate ! (even mesh-mesh collision
> seems very fast).
> What methods do you use ? (read: why can't I do the same with ODE :)

the solver seems to be taken almost verbatim from Pierre Terdiman's Flexine.
it's a penalty-based method with a very small time step (seems to be around 2ms
in the demos). since contacts are resolved immediately, it's utra-fast
(probably as fast as it gets), and scales smoothly with the number of contacts,
but it has some inherent limitations.