[ODE] New Physics SDK released - Technical only - no flame

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Fri Feb 20 11:41:39 MST 2004

Hi people,

   Just a misunderstanding!

   I really love to learn that what a commercial package can do and
   it's also nice that people behind it give us some ideas how it
   works. Thank you Adam and Pierre!

   For Dan, maybe you are suffered from fucking spam like everyone so
   you response too quick without double check!

   Again back to tech: I really love the demos, it ran smoothly in my
   old PC.

   I make a guest about the solver:
     + It uses "iterative" technique to iterates through all joints
     (Like what Pierre said)
     + It uses a specialized solver for specific joint type because
     each joint type have unique characteristics like number of DOF
     removed, type of matrix, etc...

     But what I can't figure out is how did they implement mesh-mesh
     contact? Last time I dived into it, I found it's crazily hard.

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer