[ODE] TriMesh/Box Problem

Bob Cober AzCoder at cox.net
Sat Feb 7 21:06:25 MST 2004

I have a small trimesh made of 4 triangles (like the test_trimesh
sample).  Spheres collide perfectly.  Boxes sometimes collide, sometimes
they don't.  I have tried increasing ERP, reducing the timestep,
adjusting the size of the mesh or cube, and adjusting the density of the
cube.  I tried compiling with -O0 and -g using gcc. Nothing seems to
work perfectly.
I know it sounds crazy, but if the angle of the triangle in the mesh is
steep, it does seem to collide more often.

The test_trimesh sample also has issues in Linux.  Not with spheres.
But in this case, the boxes spit off to infinity upon contact with the
mesh.

To reiterate, spheres collide perfectly with trimesh, but boxes do not.....

Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks for any help