[ODE] Throttle 2 Engine 2 Wheels ..

Tom De Muer tom.demuer at skynet.be
Fri Feb 6 21:02:15 MST 2004

:
: Sorry for hijacking the topic, but
:
: "Tom De Muer" <tom.demuer at skynet.be> skreiv:
: >  This however doesn't take care of
: > the feedback from the wheels into the engine (Newton's 3 if I'm not
: > mistaken).
:
: How do you get that feedback? Is it possible to "tap" the contact joints
: with feedback structures, or do you do your own collision detection and
: let magic formulas do the contact and friction forces?
:

I think I have not expressed myself very clearly :-/   What I mean is that
after you set the torque to the wheels, your wheels will have some speed.
That speed needs to get feeded back to the engine to determine it's new RPM.
I'm planning to do own collision detection and let the magic do it's work
but only for the steering wheels not for the driven.  Maybe I'll do it in my
own and otherwise in the Motorsport project... which is gonna be very
interesting and we are still looking for developers ;-)  (see
www.racesimcentral.com and click on "Motorsport")

Cheers!
Tom

: --