[ODE] Terrain Question

coberr at scottsdaleins.com coberr at scottsdaleins.com
Thu Feb 5 17:14:40 MST 2004

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight:

I have a question about terrain collision.  I already have a 256x256
terrain heightmap partitioned into a quadtree.  My quadtree is 5 levels
deep, with each leaf containing a mesh with 9x9 vertices.  This mesh
represents a small patch of terrain.

My question is what is the best way to implement collsion detection with
ode objects?

One approach I considered  is to add each patch as a Trimesh to a Quadtree
Space.

Another is to use the terrain collider from Benoit Chaperot in the contrib
folder.

Thanks again for any insight or opinion....

Bob