[ODE] Collision impact force

Bob Dowland Bob.Dowland at blue52.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 18:29:45 MST 2004

> but this is fairly physical, and probably not a bad approximation.

agreed - there's some room for interpretation and it depends on the application and reasons for the penetration occuring - makes this an interesting question.

having said that, is the deformation thing an argument in favour or against the penetration solution? - a squidgy bouncy ball makes less noise than a steel bouncy ball but is allowed to penetrate more because of it's higher squidgyness setting - as a result the squidgy bounces louder which is erhh wrong - or am I missing the point.

Bob.