[ODE] spam on wiki area page?

Konstantin Voloshin volk-ode at yandex.ru
Wed Dec 15 14:57:31 MST 2004

I have posted about how UseMod proposes to fight spam bots a week ago.
In case it wasn't noticed, here it goes again:

"...
There's a simple workaround. Set some administrative password ($AdminPass),
and lock the site. Then set the editor password ($EditPass). Only users with
editor password in 'Preferences/Administrator Password' would be able to
edit pages. (see 'Q spam blocking Nov 6th 2004' in
http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UserHelp )

Editor password could be stored somewhere on the site, or could be sent to
ode at q12.org, or something else. Can somebody here administer ode-wiki, Russ?
..."

It's really easy to try (it took 30sec to try this on my intranet wiki).

P.S.
    Seems that ODE-wiki uses older UseMod version. In the latest, history is
    implemented better - you can compare arbitrary pair of page versions.