[ODE] Re: ODE Digest, Vol 12, Issue 16

tt ode at thoemsen.ch
Tue Aug 17 08:53:37 MST 2004

Hi Marco

I think your way of determining the forces doesn't work for our
application since we need the forces on a wheeled mechanism.
At the moment we're using ODE in a quasi-static way, i.e. we're moving a
certain distance and then we're waiting long enough for the mechanism to
rest in order to get out the effects of bouncing/oscillating. Once the
robot is at rest we're applying and increasing a force to a wheel in the
direction of gravity and as soon as the wheel is lifted, we get a good
approximation of the weight on this wheel. Of course we have to do this
in a loop for all wheels and it's not real-time, but we get the results
we need.

c'ya,
Thomas