[ODE] Car Simulation(Lots of problems)

Robson Ito agemaniac at yahoo.com.br
Wed Aug 11 14:59:47 MST 2004

hi. By bounce parameter i mean the restitution
parameter in the contact. yes, u r right, it have
something to do with the penetration. But it is not my
main problem..^^
"I'd assume that they fix
> themselves as
> soon as you stop pushing?"
Yes. when i stop the controls everything go back to
normal. I really dont know but the wheels seen to lose
completely the axis align and the wheels seen to
rotate in an axis paralel to the chassis lenght for
example.
I'll try to explain the explode problem more detailed

if i have a car and an object:

velocity         wall
-------->         |
 ______           |
|______|          |
 0    0           |
------------------------------

velocity         wall, but i litte deformation
-------->            |
 ______              |
|______|          |--
 0    0           |

any idea?

sometimes the car is thrown so far (perhaps someting
to do with the horizontal part of the wall?) (rare)
sometimes the car sink in the ground (very rare)
and sometimes the system explode and the car
desappear(very very rare)

setting the contact ERP to less than 1 seen to
attenuate the ocurrence of this problems.

everything goes ok, but..when i have