[ODE] Simplest way of using ode as 2d physics engine?

Alexander Bussman buxman at telia.com
Tue Aug 10 19:09:28 MST 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 16:40, Daniel Herkert wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am making a platform game and i dont need the z
> dimension. What is the simplest way of making ode 2d?
> I now use objects with z size of 1 and every step i
> set the z position (and rotation) of the objects to
> zero; isnt a pretty sight after few seconds of
> simulation.
>
> So anyone done this? Any pointers?

I have been doing some 2D with ODE.

My extreamly simple game (far from done yet) @
http://rollerball.sourceforge.net is doing 2D + ODE.

I have applied a patch named Plane2D, I can't remember where I got from but
google will find it.

You could download the code for my rollerball project and check it out if you
want. I have the 2d patch in the cvs.

Note, the cvs version is not working (read playable)... but the physics part
in it works.

// Alexander Bussman