[ODE] Car Simulation(Lots of problems)

Robson Ito agemaniac at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 6 16:20:35 MST 2004

Thanks for the replies. I really got my car working
better now. I have just one remaining problem.
When i hit the RIGHT button the car move instantly to
the right. its ok. But when i hit the LEFT button the
car seen to have a little lag to turn. and when it
turn the wheels have a full turn. This is my code:

if(steer>0)
{
  joints[0]->Set_Param(dParamLoStop, XX);
  joints[0]->Set_Param(dParamHiStop, XX);
  joints[1]->Set_Param(dParamLoStop, XX);
  joints[1]->Set_Param(dParamHiStop, XX);
}
else
{
  joints[0]->Set_Param(dParamLoStop, YY);
  joints[0]->Set_Param(dParamHiStop, YY);
  joints[1]->Set_Param(dParamLoStop, YY);
  joints[1]->Set_Param(dParamHiStop, YY);
}

when i hit LEFT XX will start to decrease from 0 to
-0.3 -> the wheel move properly.
when i hit RIGHT YY will start increase from 0 to 0.3
the wheel just start move when YY hits 0.3. Soh it
will be imoveable from 0 too 0.3. When hits 0.3 the
wheel got full steer and move instantly.