[ODE] how to use dJointGetFeedback function ?

Pavel Tumik sagor at rostok-cd.kiev.ua
Thu Aug 5 13:08:02 MST 2004

Hello,

all needed info is in the manual.
here info from manual:
"void dJointSetFeedback (dJointID, dJointFeedback *);
dJointFeedback *dJointGetFeedback (dJointID);

During the world time step, the forces that are applied by each joint are computed. These forces are
added directly to the joined bodies, and the user normally has no way of telling which joint contributed
how much force.
If this information is desired then the user can allocate a dJointFeedback structure and pass its
pointer to the dJointSetFeedback() function. The feedback information structure is defined as
follows:

typedef struct dJointFeedback {
dVector3 f1; // force that joint applies to body 1
dVector3 t1; // torque that joint applies to body 1
dVector3 f2; // force that joint applies to body 2
dVector3 t2; // torque that joint applies to body 2
} dJointFeedback;

During the time step any feedback structures that are attached to joints will be filled in with the joint’s
force and torque information. The dJointGetFeedback() function returns the current feedback
structure pointer, or 0 if none is used (this is the default). dJointSetFeedback() can be passed 0
to disable feedback for that joint."

hope that will help you.
if not - ask once more, i'll send sample code.