[ODE] Simple player representation

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Mon Aug 2 23:02:43 MST 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Mark Riedesel wrote:

> Well, I gave the Plane2D code a shot, and it appears to work fairly
> good.. Except, one problem..
>
> When my bodies are moving across the ground (not jumping), they
> eventually slow down and tip over.. Although it seems the way the
> joint is set up, it should only be rotating around the Z axis, any
> clue what the heck might be going on?

That's exactly the same problem as Plane2D has - the X/Y rotation tends to
drift slowly (if that's what you're talking about). The solution is either
to fix the bug, or reset the rotation every step (which works well as far
as I have tested).

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::