[ODE] Russ' plans for ODE?

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Wed Apr 21 10:11:56 MST 2004

> [Buoyancy]

my own opinion: the best place for this to be implemented is from
outside of ODE, i.e. using the ODE API only. but just because it's not
part of the core, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be part of the library.
there's no reason why there couldn't be an ODE utility library in the
same way that there is an opengl utility library.

> Russ, are you trying to stay along the "rigid body engine" lines
> (doing the hard parts well), or are you thinking of evolving into a
> physics SDK (something that anyone can plop in their application that
> does all their physics needs?)

well i don't have any particular ideology about where to take ODE - my
principles are "service the user's needs" and "do one (or a few) things
right rather than many things poorly". so right now that means making
the core rigid body part robust, stable and fully featured. non-rigid
body stuff would definitely be interesting for the future though.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org