[ODE] air friction

Sergey Kurdakov kourdakov at mail.ru
Wed Apr 21 14:38:59 MST 2004

Hello Barbara,

> I now have a ball  on which I apply a force once (only once => no acceleration, constant speed)
> Then the ball starts rolling, but it never stops. How can I create the air friction effect? How can I stop the ball ?

the most streight way  seems  to just add 'damping' term -

add a negative moment to the ball which is proportional to it's speed of rotation

so apply ( add to other moments if the exist)  M = -koef * omega; where omega is a rotational velocity ( could be vector - so moment
will be vector as well)

Regards
Sergey Kurdakov