[ODE] Car Physics

Alen Ladavac alenl-ml at croteam.com
Fri Apr 16 16:57:47 MST 2004

I was always under impression that the fake wheel-less cars in racing games
were for performance, not for features. But hey - you live to learn. :)

Couldn't you also get better drifts if you put in a better friction
approximation for the tires? And also add a stabilizer joint on the car
and/or pull-down force, so it can have unrealistic drive forces without
tipping over and without too much mass. Moving the center of mass down can
be a good idea too. (Hey - real car designs include those kinds of "fakes"
as well ;) ).

Just my 4 bits (one for each wheel),
Alen