[ODE] ode with glut

ken ken at spinlink.com
Wed Apr 14 09:35:16 MST 2004

barbara.yersin at urbanet.ch wrote:

> Hi !
> I've just discovered the ode community and I thought maybe someone could help me.
>
> My name is Barbara and right now, I am working on a virtual billiard game with ode.  I am also working  with glut.
>
> I have some trouble to rotate an object correctly. I've tried many times, inspired by the drawstuff dsDrawSphere function, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Has anybody  ever worked with ode and glut?
>
> thanks a lot!

I haven't used glut, but to set your transform matrix in openGL have
you tried using the drawstuff.cpp example function:

setTransform(const float pos[3], const float R[12]);

This function is called by the dsDrawSphere function you already
mentioned, and should set up your rotation and translation for you.

-Ken