[ODE] documentation initiative

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Mon Apr 12 09:16:52 MST 2004

I'm afraid I had some significant linking issues with your VC6 workspace
that didn't go away after running the bat files.  I had to use make to get a
library that would actually link up without error to my app.

... that aside, has anyone here used The Nebula Device 2
(http://nebuladevice.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Nebula/WebHome)?
Both revisions of its buildsys (as well as the buildsys for Nebula 1)
operate through TCL, and generate all necessary workspaces for all platforms
when the TCL is run, using current sources and easy-to-update .bld spec
files for the various component packages that make up the library.

Something like this has the advantage of easy cross-platform maintenance,
since you only modify the one set of bld files, and it removes the need for
specific linux/windows/etc maintainers beyond someone to fix the bugs in the
build system as they crop up.  I'm sure it would be something of a bitch to
get working at first, but it's something you would (in theory) only need to
write once, and from then on only update the single set of cross-platform
build def files - as compared to ongoing work to keep VC6 workspaces/build
guides/make files/etc all up to date.

Just my 2 cents.

-Megan Fox