Trimesh-trimesh collider (wasRe[2]: [ODE]Triangle-boxcollidercontribution) (going OT)

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Apr 6 13:58:56 MST 2004

> Everything nVidia has made since the GeForce-256 (aka: GeForce-1) has had hardware
> T&L, so has every ATI Radion, and recent Matrox and 3D labs cards.

Radeon VE, Radeon 7000, Mobility Radeon, and all of the Radeon IGP parts (including Radeon 9100 IGP) lack hardware transform.

> I doubt there are many serious gamers running non-hardware T&L these days.

Note that I said "consumers" not "serious gamers". If you want to limit your market, feel free.

> Nowadays, the debate isn't whether you should require hardware T&L for 3D games -
> it's now a question of what degree of vertex and fragment shader support you
> should expect.  The world has moved on.

That's not what the marketing data (and the smart money at the GDC) were saying.

Anyway, wrong list for this discussion. Feel free to limit your market any way you want, and cause more returns for your publisher, making him less likely to fund your next project. Except that doesn't actually grow my own market, it just makes mainstream consumers increasingly frustrated with games in general, which is bad for everybody.

Cheers,

			/ h+