[ODE] Triangle-box collider in current CVS version

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Tue Apr 6 20:42:53 MST 2004

Shaul Kedem wrote:
>  Did anyone else find that the new box trimesh thing
> doesn't work yet? pressing on "b" creates a box which,
> from time to time, go through the mesh like nothing.

I haven't been able to reproduce such a problem with a bunch
of casual plays.  I'd make a vague guess that the random-placing
of boxes is sometimes placing a box in the heart of a bunch of
other boxes and ODE is correcting the resulting penetration so
rapidly that one of the boxes gets pushed to the outer side of
the trimesh 'cup'.  If that's not the case then you're sadly
seeing an actual bug.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3