[ODE] what is the relationship between Croteam and ODE?

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Mon Apr 5 15:57:26 MST 2004

well, with respect to licensing we will not allow code into ODE that has
any license more restrictive than the BSD license. code donated by anyone
(individual or company) must be explicitly released under such a license.
as an aside, the text of the GPL offers this advice:

    You should also get your employer (if you work as a programmer) or
    your school, if any, to sign a "copyright disclaimer" for the
    program, if necessary. Here is a sample; alter the names:
        Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright
        interest in the program `Gnomovision'
        (which makes passes at compilers) written
        by James Hacker.
        signature of Ty Coon, 1 April 1989, Ty Coon, President of Vice

on the issue of overhead of adding more collision primitives, there is
none: collision functions are called by looking up function pointers in
an N*N table.  more collision primitives just makes the library bigger.

russ.

--
Russ Smith
http://www.q12.org/