[ODE] compiled libs

Ian McMeans imcmeans at telus.net
Sat Apr 3 23:33:50 MST 2004

I saw this post in the ODE list archives:
http://hook.org/pipermail/ode/2004-January/010996.html
It mentions the pre-made ODE libraries at
http://thegleam.com/ode39/ode39_win32.zip

However, when I download the zip file mentioned there and extract out the
.lib and .dll, when I run my program I get this error:

ODE Message 2: mass must be > 0 (ode/src/mass.cpp:39)
ODE Message 2: mass must be > 0 (ode/src/mass.cpp:39)
ODE Message 2: inertia must be positive definite (ode/src/ode.cpp:512)

And I get the pop-up ODE INTERNAL ERROR 2: Bad argument(s)
(ode/src/collision_std.cpp:142)

I had ODE compiled and working with my program, using double precision. I
didn't change my program in between changing the .dll and the .lib, so I'm
guessing I'm not using the dll properly. Is there something I have to do to
use the lib files supplied, (such as using single precision)? I'm trying to
get trimesh code to work. I'm running under windows with MSVC 7.1

Alternately, I'd appreciate it if someone told me how I can compile trimesh
support myself. Obviously the supplied DLL does trimesh support, but it has
its own problems. When I make the .lib and .dll myself, then I run my
program I get the error that  dGeomTriMeshDataCreate can't be found in the
.dll file - even though I have OPCODE_DIRECTORY=OPCODE in my
config\user-settings, and dGeomTriMeshDataCreate is listed in
config\msvcdefs.def.