[ODE] XODE version 1.0r17

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Thu Apr 1 16:55:21 MST 2004

Hi,

An update on the XODE spec - there have been a few changes, including
proper handling of body masses, and clearing up one or two lingering
issues.

Shaul has been doing some great work on the XML Schema and I am proud to
include it as part of the official spec.  The official example is valid
according to the XML Schema (when validated with xerces).

Clarification of the version naming system:
the official versions go 1.0, 1.1 etc.  Draft versions are the proposed
official version, appended by an 'r' and the revision number.  For
example 1.0r17 is the 17th revision of the draft 1.0 spec.  Once 1.0 is
released, it can't change so we shall make any corrections in '1.1r1'
and so on.

You can view the spec, the Schema and examples (of which there currently
only one, but there will be more with time to provide both a learning
platform and a test suite for readers) here:
http://tankammo.com/xode/1.0r17/

IMPORTANT:  Now that we have a spec to validate against, and it appears
all the past issues have been dealt with, I am going to freeze the
schema (and therefore the XML structure) very soon.  Work can continue
clarifying the text, and creating a few more examples before it is
released as 1.0 officially.  So this version is the LAST version that I
am willing to accept changes to the structure, so if you have any please
email in the next two days.

Cheers,

Will.

--