[ODE] 4 Wheeled vehical Steering Problem

smythst smythst at tcd.ie
Tue Sep 30 15:38:07 MST 2003

Right, I just can't get my car sim to work with 2 front steerable wheels. I'm
doing exactly what testBuggy does for it's one wheel, but for both front
wheels in my sim. However it just doesn't work. I've even tried removing one
of the front wheels a la test Buggy and having just one front/steering wheel,
and that WORKED!! What the hell is going on? If it works for one, why not for
two? The wheels do turn in the same direction, so that's not the problem. If
anyone can figure out what I might be doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it,
I've been stuck on this problem for a week now. I'e attached my source code to
this email, hopefully it'll show up on the mailing list.

Thanks again guys.