[ODE] experience with local trimeshes

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Wed Oct 22 10:38:29 MST 2003

LH> The sollution was for each object to "scann" it´s near environment for polys, create small trimeshes out of this polys and check for collisions with this geoms. This is done for every frame. So I
LH> get  small cutouts of the geometrie which are the relevant ones for possible collisions.

    Yes, It's a good solution but the problem is HOW can we create
    small trimesh out of such bunch of tris? I think, people have an
    editor to do that.

LH> If you disable objects which are not moving you can save a lot of time and the performance is no problem at all.
    Absolutely!

    IMHO, ODE has *almost* all the techniques needed for a good
    physics SDK, the problem now is HOW to use it effectively.

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer