[ODE] Trimesh Collission Problem

Stuart O Anderson soa at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 21 00:51:59 MST 2003

Hello -

I'm trying to collide a triangle mesh with a large box (which is acting as
a ground plane).  Everything works fine until first contact at which point
the mesh (a teapot w/ about 5k vertices) jumps to the approximate center
of the ground cube and proceeds to slowly move around the center of the
cube.  It jumps in larger increments once every several seconds and
generates the error message:
ODE Message 3: LCP internal error, s <= 0 (s=-8.2228e+02)

It's almost as if the contact joints were pushing it towards the center of
the cube.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Stuart Anderson