[ODE] Balancing a Vehicle

Julian Spillane julian at entermail.net
Mon Oct 13 23:48:12 MST 2003

Hey all,

I've recently encountered a problem with my
simulation that I had supposed was inevitable.
I'm currently simulating a vehicle with rear-
wheel drive interacting with a trimesh (so it has
sphere-wheels), but, when it reaches high speeds
and attempts to turn, it tends to flip simply
because its wheels are spherical. Does anyone
have any ideas of what I could do to dampen the
flipping? It makes for a very frustrating race
when your car keeps flipping. *smirks* A last
resort would be to give the user the ability to
shift the center of mass during their turns, but
I only want to resort to that when nothing else
can be done.

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help! :)

Best Regards,
Julian Spillane