[ODE] another ODE + GA thing

Nate W coding at natew.com
Fri Nov 14 23:26:30 MST 2003

I think I've been talking about adding a genetic algorithm to my ODE
project for almost two years now, but I finally did something about it
this week.  It's not in a released (binary) version yet, but it will be in
the next week or two.  In the meantime, here's a video of my first
GA-trained critter:

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~nathan/video/Juice/First_GA_Critter.mpg

It's a quadruped, so originally I was expecting them to walk like a dog or
something... When I got home from work today I found them waddling
sideways in a funny way.  That was a nice surprise.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA